Dance Styles and Discriptions
What Type of Class Should I Enrol My Child In?
- Kiddie Dance for 3 year olds. This program will introduce your child to the basics in dance. They will learn movement through story, music and rhythms.
- Dance Readiness for age 4-5, is an introduction to dace. Your child will learn through rhythm, musicality and use of imagination to learn the fun of dance.
- Tiny Tap for age 4-6, is an introduction to tap. Students will learn basic technique of tap while dancing to music that's appropriate for all ages.
- Tap for >7 is an energetic, aerobic dance style where students will learn rhythm, style and technique. If your child wants to be loud, this is the class for them.
- Ballet is the basic of all dance forms. Benefits include the development of good posture and self discipline while learning technique and musicality.
- Jazz is for ages 7 and up. Jazz is fun, energetic style of dance. It focuses on proper technique, flexibility, strength & rhythm. Jazz is leaps, transitions and use of the stage.
- Pre-Jazz is for dancers who have had 2 years of dance readiness (1&2) as a transition to JAZZ.
- Lyrical/Modern is a combination of technical training with contemporary modern movement, as well as using ballet and jazz technique to teach dancers to communicate emotion through lyrics. Dancers need ballet and jazz as a helpful pre-requisite
- Hip Hop for >7, is a high energy class done to today's popular music. Class consists of a warm up, stretching and toning, traveling combinations and choreography. Music is age appropriate.
- Boys Hip Hop MAY be offered if there are enough registrants. It is a class dedicated just for the guys that want to learn how to do Hip Hop. It's a high energy class with popular music. Class consists of a warm up, stretching and toning, traveling combinations and choreography.
- Musical Theatre is a fun style for age 7 and up. The emphasis is on improving your dancing, acting & lip synching skills. If you like movies like "Hairspray" and "High School Musical" this is the class for you. It's recommended that you take a technique class if you'd like to do musical theatre competitive.
- Acro is tumbling, partnering, balance and contortion with skill development in lifts as well.